A homeschooling blog we created to share our stories and adventures as we live and learn as a family.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

a beautiful day for a hike and a new planter







Since I did nothing but complain about the terrible weather and rabid geese we encountered on our previous homeschooling hike, I decided I should post some photos of the absolutely beautiful weather we had during our last hike. I really do not like cold weather. I know, I know, I live in New England and have for most of my life. I'm supposed to love wool sweaters, red noses, chunky mittens, long underwear, skiing, blizzards in April, noreasters in May, but I just don't and never have. I do, however, like soup, hot chocolate and reading a great book by a nice fire. Anyway, since it has lately been nothing but blue skies and warm days I am happy, and happy to post pics of the hike and picnic we shared with friends. Also included is a pic of the new planter D made. I love his choice of fall colors and can't wait to plant a nice mum in it in September, though I must admit that the orange, drippy hue brings to mind velveeta mac and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment