A homeschooling blog we created to share our stories and adventures as we live and learn as a family.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not a Scarf


I knit these cozy wrist warmers! It is spring in New England which means it is damp, cold, and wet. While I am dreaming of sunny days, of flowers poking their inquisitive heads up through frozen ground, and of leafy greens making their appearance in our garden, I know it will be some time before we actually see those things here in our neck of the woods. So I knit these wrist warmers to keep my hands cozy during springtime in-between weather. I couldn't find a pattern online or in a knitting book that I could actually feasibly knit, since I'm still very much a beginner, so I came up with this one on my own. It's basically a knit rectangle, with the seams sewed together, leaving a space for the thumb. So it's kind of like a sock, with no top, and a hole on the side. But for your hands. I love them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment