A homeschooling blog we created to share our stories and adventures as we live and learn as a family.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why I like art










D says:I really like art. I take art lessons once a week with a really great art teacher named Bettina. My favorite medium is colored pencil. Why do I like pencil so much? One reason is that you can erase pencil if you do something wrong, unlike paint and other mediums. I go to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston every month. My favorite thing to look at at the MFA is the mirror that reflects the very high, painted ceiling.

4 comments:

  1. Sick pictures Dyl! I prefer the blue jay the most, though I also enjoy the last bird above because if you pretend the bottom parts of his feet aren't there it looks like he has seal flippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your artwork Dylan! You're very good, drawing from nature isn't easy, but you do it well! Katy, I'm looking at the books you "heart" and I'm thinking that even if I'm not homeschooling, would any of those you mention be helpful to me as I spend time at home with my little guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dylan, We love your art work. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So D, after seeing your art work, I got in touch with Bettina to see if Susanne could start art lessons. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete