A homeschooling blog we created to share our stories and adventures as we live and learn as a family.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Day at the Fair

A little fair came to town this weekend. The smell of popcorn and cotton candy combined with that tummy-tickling feeling of spinning and flying reminds me of how excited I used to feel, heading out to the fair with my family as a little girl. Nothing makes you feel like a kid again like going to the fair.


This ride made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. It was so much fun to go on a 'big kid ride' with my little guy who is now indeed a 'big kid'. 48 inches and tall enough to go on the rides that almost make my heart stop in fear and my stomach twist in a 'please don't vomit on the person sitting opposite us' sort of way.


We left the fair full of the kind of unhealthy food that makes my kids' eyes widen in disbelief that their mother is actually letting them eat it, and full of joy. K said, after going down the big slide for the third time, "This is the best day EVER!"


Thanks to my good friend T for many of these great shots. We had a blst with you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment