A homeschooling blog we created to share our stories and adventures as we live and learn as a family.

Monday, February 7, 2011

vacation 2011




We've just returned from our winter getaway to Florida and the Bahamas. Needless to say we had a great time! We spent time in Jupiter, Florida, where my dad has a lovely home right on the beach. The kids swam in the pool, collected shells on the beach, and visited a sea turtle rehabilitation center and an oceanographic institute. We then went on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas for 4 days which was FUN FUN FUN! I must admit, I've never been a huge fan of Disney. Something about their over the top, incessant marketing in conjunction with too many films about helpless women waiting for some man to rescue them from some terrible demise and live happily ever after rubs me the wrong way. I mean, get yourself out of that castle and get a job lady. Something with good benefits and flex time and for the love of god, stay away from any apples offered to you by creepy old women who could possibly be your evil step-mother who is trying to kill you! But Disney completely sold me on this cruise. It was beautiful, and lovely, and just so much FUN! Did I mention the fun? And the food was deeeeelicious. I gained at least five pounds, and DG had to help roll me off the plane upon our arrival. D and I took off snorkeling one day, which was so nice. We don't often get to do things together, just the two of us, so it was a special day.

We foolishly decided to leave our nice camera at home, and of course my little, on-the-go camera decided to break during our trip, but I managed to get a few good pics, which I will post here. For more on the Disney Dream, click here:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/

No comments:

Post a Comment